Notifications
Clear all

The Veil

AuthorArnold
(@authorarnold)
Ensign
Topic starter  

(Kelly's POV)

Most little girls often play house, and or pretend to be married. Most young teen girls dream of being a bride. While adults live out their childhood role plays and teen dreams...

About 206 days till June, a day where I say "I do". I could not ask for a better fiancé than Ed. He is everything I ever dreamed of. It was last July I found the perfect silver white, princess A-line, all authentic Earth lace and bead work gown. The dress mad my two friends, my mother, and my future mother-in-law shed tears. However, as a "commander in training" times changed. "Stress eating" should've been made into a eating disorder. Yet even in the future, the medical society still never recognized it. I am around 160 pounds and I felt my union uniforms beginning to feel snug. The other ensigns and even my teachers say I'm pretty and would make a wonderful bride. Sadly, that is not how I feel on the inside. 

Slowly I am crumbling, breaking, and hurting beneath my pretty smile. According to my doctors, I'm not even close to "obese". Throughout my life, I've never had issues with my body image. It never crossed my mind, until this whole marriage arrangement; and Ed being busy with work. I am nervous, I got the call that my wedding dress came in. I would need to get back down to 130 pounds within 206 days. I'm honestly not sure if I can do it. Ed believes in me and so does our closest friends. Stress has affected my eating habits, I am out of control. I need help. I literally bend my knees and scream into the void. 

"You are beautiful..." I hear Ed from afar. I can't talk to him or anyone else anymore. They don't understand the levels of disappointment inside me. 

I want to be that "perfect" bride. I want Ed to see the best I have left to offer. I want to be around my old weight again. I want to become the woman I want to be. A woman I should be proud to see everyday, myself...

(AN: My first fanfiction on this site. Hope you all enjoy. I'm not a big fan of Kelly Greyson, was trying something new with her struggles of being a bride to be. Thank you!)

YesAndAgain
(@yesandagain)
Ensign

Love this, love the realism of it, can't wait to see where your story goes!! 👍 👍 

ReplyQuote
cheesehead012@gmail.com
(@tlrorvillefan)
Ensign

I like it! It would be nice to see how she was before the wedding. Can’t wait to see where the rest of this story goes!

ReplyQuote
AuthorArnold
(@authorarnold)
Ensign
Topic starter  

@yesandagain As of now, this story isn't going anywhere. Just a "completed" short story. 

Once I find my other stories, I'll post more Orville for you guys. And thank u. 

ReplyQuote
AuthorArnold
(@authorarnold)
Ensign
Topic starter  

@tlrorvillefan

As of now, this story isn't going anywhere. Just a "completed" short story. 

Once I find my other stories, I'll post more Orville for you guys. And thank u. 

ReplyQuote
YesAndAgain
(@yesandagain)
Ensign

I like it, the unanswered suspense is perfectly maddening and terrific! Looking forward to more of your short stories.

ReplyQuote
Share: