[Closed] ☘️NEW Contest☘️ Mar 17. - June 2

Tink L
(@tink)
Ensign
Topic starter  
6AC0299F 33E3 4D93 88FD 502DDFDDD641
A34D906D 70E5 4F72 B6A2 8570FF25BA88

ENTER AT THIS LINK:

https://theorville247.com/community/fun-zone/pulser-contest-%e2%98%98%ef%b8%8f-6-2-2022/#post-866

This topic was modified 4 months ago by Tink L

Topic Tags
BlackSheepJess
(@blacksheepjess)
Ensign

It's not really a theory, but rather something I'd like to see have some place in the story arc: Kermit Muppet has a family connection for Ed.

I can see "Rainbow Connection" helping Captain Mercer to remember who he is and capable of being (call back to "a leader I admire") at a pivotal moment when he most needs the courage to follow his instincts ("...it's something that I'm supposed to be..."). That calls for introspection on his decision-making, his emotionality/vulnerabilities/insecurities, and where he comes from.

I can see a flashback to childhood for Ed, with a Kermit puppet and the song as a form of memory message to him--perhaps even from a missing family member--to remind him of his "dreamer" nature, that scrappy impetuosity that makes him better than a mere captain. It's his love and his care and willingness for context-based action that makes him just as charming a hero and leader as Kermit.

In a cosmos full of uncertainty, Ed is who he is and that is always the answer ("I've heard it too many times to ignore it"), and that decision to be who you are is one of the bravest of all when so many count on you. Ed's going to have to battle himself a bit.

Well, he's a leader I admire, anyway! This was fun 😀

Tink L
(@tink)
Ensign
Topic starter  

@blacksheepjess This was quite detailed! It surely would be fun to see how Kermit came to be an integral part of Captain Mercer's life! You can analyze and write very well 👍🏻😃 I gave the wrong link to enter but since it was my error, your entry is counted 👍🏻 Good luck!🍀

BlackSheepJess
(@blacksheepjess)
Ensign

@tink OH, thank you SO much! I'm happy to repost to another forum to participate in the community if need be. Thanks for counting the entry, too!

Re: KermitMuppetPost

It's such an interesting detail to include multiple times (outside of SM interest with Muppets) that also gets some focused time. Seems purposeful. Much like message of The King and I is integral to the Ed/Krill-girlfriend storyline--and, frankly, LARGER--I like when Chekhov's guns pay off.

This post was modified 2 months ago by BlackSheepJess

Tink L
(@tink)
Ensign
Topic starter  

No, no worries. It's okay.

It is an important underlying dynamic to Ed's psyche! 👍🏻👍🏻

Share: