[Closed] Pulser CONTEST ☘️ OPEN-3/17/22 CLOSES-6/2/2022

Page 1 / 3

Tink L
(@tink)
Ensign
Topic starter  
2C71A253 C5D9 4B38 8859 712156A1F6F9
711A3E42 EC7D 4C1F 895A 49700468E416

Tell us a fan theory for the upcoming The Orville Season 3: New Horizons. Funny and/or outrageous is encouraged. You must have an account (free!) and enter on the website here for your entry to be counted. Post your fan theory below. Contest is open until June 02, 2022 midnight and is open to those outside the United States. Prize courtesy of our generous admin @yesandagain ! One winner will be chosen at random from all entries in this thread. Enter your theory in the "Leave a reply" box below. 

This topic was modified 4 months ago 25 times by Tink L

Tink L
(@tink)
Ensign
Topic starter  

I'll start! (To be clear - I am not entering the contest!) I think/wish/hope that Charly Burke is an android, in the tradition of many wonderful androids in Sci-fi. My favorite is the Android from Dark Matter. Anne Winters, who is playing Charly, is an almost impossibly perfect beauty making it plausible. I could see Dr. Finn having a little competition with Isaac or Charly and Isaac having a mutually tormenting relationship with one upmanship. It would be fun!!!

0339748F 00AD 481C 8C38 B27A90267984
53752EEB BFAF 4DA4 BCE3 589BED77F196

This post was modified 4 months ago 4 times by Tink L

stonygirl
(@stonygirl)
Ensign

Gordon and Kelly are on a mission to deliver a shipment of fine Xelyan wines and liquors to Penthara 4, but their shuttle is it by an ion storm and they crash land on a deserted planet with nothing but fine wine and liquor. Needless to say the bond in more ways than one. Making it super awkward when Ed shows up in a shuttle to rescue them only to find them having sex.

Kaylon Sphere, xeow, YesAndAgain and 2 people liked
Dr. Omega
(@dr-omega)
Ensign

Season 3 will feature an arc that spans the whole season. It will focus on a new enemy - The Plantains of the Zingiberales Consortium, or, "The Banana people." They defeat the Kaylon early on, using specialized non-technological vegetation skills. With the help of their Orville-based spy, Mooska, they steal the plans to the Aronov Device and travel backward in time.

Once in the past, they spread their slippery ways quickly, keeping the Kaylon suppressed before they even attacked the Union. We find that in the pilot, when Ed says "We need no longer fear the banana," We find that the line was not meant as a joke, but a serious statement, as the Union has been at war with them for some time at this point.

We learn that many of the Bananas reject their people's warlike tendencies and work to actively help the Union, including designing Pulser sidearms. This is why they are curved and smooth like that. Many of the side stories throughout the season deal with the Banana threat. Ed gets a private line to Admiral Halsey installed in his office which he refers to as his "banana phone."

We learn about the Plantain society and how they shed their skin once a year like a snake as it decays and becomes brown and spotty. They ritually burn their old skin on a small pyre, but it's found that "smoking banana peels" gets humans high and many of the crew develop a habitual addiction.

The Union began cloning soldiers specifically for combat with the Plantains, but they are shunned by many in Earth society as it's felt that this is a step too far; it's too warlike. There are several episodes focusing on the new cloned Union Marine Battalion assigned to the Orville under the new character, Lt. Cavendish. He's very green, but trying hard to be a good leader. However, too many of the crew reject the Banana Breds, so he's having a hard time fitting in.

In the end, the Orville crew does not actually defeat them, but leverages the discord among the Plantain peoples and causes a societal rift, breaking their empire apart. The "Great Banana Split" is credited with ending the war, as with their reduced forces, there is no way they could win and surrender.

I'm pretty sure that's how it's going to go.

Pulser Banana
ia 300001435
orville 13 04
vlcsnap 2022 03 18 06h24m39s901
groovybruce01 47423307 2291967744426243 5607766650230640577 n

Kaylon Sphere, Maria_Tea_Telly, xeow and 3 people liked
Tink L
(@tink)
Ensign
Topic starter  

Ha 😂🤣 The Great Banana Split 🤣

Tink L
(@tink)
Ensign
Topic starter  

@stonygirl That would definitely be awkward! 😆

Crjordan210
(@crjordan210)
Ensign

I think/hope we see more of Teleya. She will play a huge role in getting the Krill to join the Union. She and Ed will possibly pick up their relationship where they left off, or at least have a deeper friendship. I hope Gordon gets a true love interest. (I know some people want him & Kelly to get together, but I don't think Seth would do that to them and Gordon & Kelly aren't a good match imo.) I think Isaac will do something heroic and earn everyone's trust back. Then he'll play with role in either defeating the Kaylon once and for all, or calling a truce/ coming to some sort of  agreement/ compromise. 

Kaylon Sphere, xeow, YesAndAgain and 2 people liked
Tink L
(@tink)
Ensign
Topic starter  

That's a tall order! 😃 Teleya and Ed together has been a wish for many! It would test many people lol 

I agree that Gordon & Kelly are not a good match. 

Dr. Omega
(@dr-omega)
Ensign

@stonygirl Gordon & Kelly would make for great dramatic tension, but real life bore this out with disastrous results.  Doing on the show might just be a little too on the nose.

YesAndAgain and xeow liked
YesAndAgain
(@yesandagain)
Ensign

@tink I love this theory! The Dark Matter android was amazing to say the least and Charly as an android would be perfectly plausible. I am thinking more nefarious reasons to the tune of Battlestar Gallactica Cylons, BUT the idea of Dr. Finn, Charly, and Isaac caught up is some bizarrely circuitous relationship could be entertaining and dramatic 😜 

finn Isaac Charley triangle

xeow and Tink L liked
YesAndAgain
(@yesandagain)
Ensign

@tink 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 YES! @stonygirl, this would be quite the change of pace!

kelly gordon

Tink L liked
YesAndAgain
(@yesandagain)
Ensign

@dr-omega "We'll Use a Banana To Fight The Banana" BRILLIANT, love the artwork!

Tink L liked
Tuckerpete
(@tuckerpete)
Ensign

At least one episode will be all Marcus Finn. Is it a dream or an alternate universe we won't be sure until the final scene. The entire fate of The Orville crew and possibly all of the Planetary Union falls into the hands of the young (but quickly growing) son of the ships doctor Lieutenant Commander Claire Finn. In an explosive revelation Marcus finds himself not alone. His younger brother Ty comes into the scene. Marcus is torn. He knows danger is just down the passageway. Should he protect his little brother or as he knows deep down inside that he needs his brother to help defeat the fast approaching terror.

Tink L
(@tink)
Ensign
Topic starter  

Wow Pete! That's a very plausible situation. I'm thinking it is some type of dream sequence or a real occurrence with Marcus having a flashback/hallucination. Good thing Dr. Finn has psychiatric experience! 😄

Trefayne
(@trefayne)
Ensign

I had a thought earlier that we may get into deeper the origin story of Yaphit and his jelly nation. Maybe through a tragical case of a brother who is happened to be a secret agent or something similar in his family.
Also a possible looking back to Pria, the time traveller who reappears in the series, claiming her re-appearance is far more simple and uncomplicated than anyone would think about the basic laws of TT. She is still into bringing stuffs back to her customers but it's not The Orville this time. Rather a person.
I also expect something like a secret cooperation between Kaylons and Moclans or Krills. Getting technological improvements in exchange to military secrets of PU.

Page 1 / 3
Share: