The Orville 24/7 Forum Rules
By registering on www.TheOrville247.com you accept and agree to be bound by the following rules, terms, and conditions. These rules are provided to explain the expectations and responsibilities of all community members on TheOrville247.com. They shall be adhered to by everyone to guarantee that our forum runs effortlessly and provides an enjoyable experience for our members and visitors. When in doubt, ask a moderator first.
- No spam. All automated messages, advertisements, and links to competitor websites will be deleted immediately.
- Post in relevant sub-forums only. Messages posted in the wrong topic area will be removed and placed in the correct sub-forum by moderators.
- Respect other users. No flaming or abusing fellow forum members. Users who continue to post inflammatory, abusive comments will be deleted from the forum after two warnings are issued by moderators.
- No threats or harassment of other users will be tolerated. Any instance of threatening or harassing behavior is grounds for deletion from the forums.
- Illegal content. No re-posting of copyrighted materials or other illegal content is allowed. Any posts containing illegal content or copyrighted materials will be deleted.
- Guests/unregistered users cannot post. You will be able to read forum messages as an unregistered guest in all public forums, but posting and replying is disabled. By registering with TheOrville247.com Forum site you are agreeing to abide by the TheOrville247.com Forum Rules and posting/replying will be activated, once you have successfully verified your registered My Account email address by replying to an email the system sends you.
- You must be 18 or older to use the chat room functions. Chat discussions may include content intended for adults only. If you are under 18 years old you are not permitted to participate; this is your responsibility.
First & Foremost: Play Nice
No personal attacks, name-calling, libel, defamation, hate speech, and whatever other nasty nonsense you can think of. We ask that you remain respectful and, under no circumstances, post anything that may be construed as hostile, bullying, derogatory, obscene, discriminating, invasive of a person’s privacy, or tending to discredit or malign. Users who post inflammatory, abusive comments will be deleted from the forum after two warnings are issued by moderators.
Avoid Blatant Profanity
We know there’s always a way around swear filters and we’re not about to list every distasteful, objectionable, or unpleasant word or variant thereof, but remember that context is key! We want our community to feel free to express themselves openly, but kindly keep in mind that this is a public forum (profuse, deliberate profanity will not be tolerated). Posts containing explicit and completely unrelated adult material, language, or pornography will be deleted and may be banned. If you are not certain about a post (e.g., erotic fan fiction), do not hesitate to contact us first.
Post in Relevant Sub-Forums
Please use the forum’s search feature first to see if there are already some good threads on your subject. It’s easy to search, click the “Search” (magnifying glass) icon at the top right of the page. Messages posted in the wrong topic area will be removed and/or placed in the correct sub-forum by moderators. Also note that you cannot “bump” your topic to the top of the forum. Typically, once a comment is made within your topic, it goes to the top of the list, manipulating this feature, in any way, is prohibited.
Although we encourage members to post relevant links to their social media accounts and/or websites, all automated messages, advertisements, and links to websites that have nothing to do with our discussions will be deleted immediately and may lead to warning and/or suspension. Do not duplicate (re-post, quote, etc) an already posted link. If you have information about a specific link in a topic containing multiple links, quote the filename and not the link. Do not add an already posted link to your own post. Do not add new links to an already existing post, always make a new post. The creation of new accounts or alternate accounts to troll, spam, support your own threads/posts, or circumvent a banned/disabled account will result in a ban of all associated accounts on this forum. Staff reserves the right to disable or delete any secondary accounts for any reason.
TheOrville247.com permits members to use the forums to share links to products, services and other resources that might be of mutual benefit. Individuals may post personal promotional material regarding products and services personally offered that would be relevant to our readership (for example, you may promote your own website, but not associate links to other retail websites). However, anyone using this facility as a gateway to promote things that are considered ‘spam’ may be warned by the moderating team or the account may be instantly deleted/banned.
Posting Copyrighted Materials
TheOrville247.com does not permit the use of third party copyrighted materials without the permission of the copyright holder. If you wish to reference an article, quote a sentence or two and link to the original source; never copy an entire article and repost it. Do not post copyrighted materials without the permission or proper recognition of the copyright holder. In addition, any content that violates applicable laws or regulations, including, without limitation, laws designed to regulate unsolicited email or other electronic advertising, in any jurisdiction where the Website or Services are marketed or provided is prohibited.
If you have any doubts with regard to a post, feel free to contact any moderator for an answer. If you break a rule, you will either be warned or banned and it may be temporary or permanent. Kindly note that these Rules are intended as guidelines, and not as an exhaustive list of content that TheOrville247.com may find inappropriate. The administrators and moderators at TheOrville247.com reserve the right to edit, delete, move or close any thread or post, without prior warning, if they believe that action is in the best interest of the forum and its members, for whatever reason, and the reason need not be disclosed.
Sharing Personal Information
Please be sure to exercise caution and common sense when sharing personal information online, either in a post or with another individual. This is a publicly accessible forum. If you are under 18, you should not share your personal information without the permission of your parent or guardian. If you are 18 or older, you should still use caution in sharing any personal information.
Notify Us Of Objectionable Material
- If you feel that a posted message is objectionable, please alert the moderators of that forum by clicking on the Report This Post icon/button [an exclamation mark ! in a triangle]. The Forum administrators and moderators can remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so as soon as we can, if we determine that removal is necessary. Feel free to contact us with any concerns.
- YOU remain personally responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless TheOrville247.com, and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s).
- We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of TheOrville247.com or any entity associated with the TheOrville247.com.
- Although the TheOrville247.com does not and cannot review all the messages posted and is not responsible for the content of messages posted by forum members, we reserve the right to delete any posted message for any reason whatsoever.
- You hereby consent to TheOrville247.com Forum disclosing information we hold about you to any proper prosecuting or investigating authority in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message/comment posted by you here in the TheOrville247.com Forum.
- TheOrville247.com, the owners of this site reserve the right to amend these Rules at any time.